REGISTER for OBSSR Behavioral and Social Sciences Conference, June 20
Please register to join the NIH Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR) on June 20, at the United States Institute of Peace for:
TITLE: Real Life, Labs, Research. The 9th Matilda White Riley Behavioral and Social Sciences Day
WHEN: June 20, 2016, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EDT
WHERE: US Institute of Peace
2301 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20037
FREE and open to the public, but registration is required.
This day-long research, honors and career event will bring together leading behavioral and social sciences researchers in industry and government, early stage investigators (ESIs), academicians, members of professional societies, advocates and policymakers.
· OBSSR 2016 Distinguished Scholar Dr. Caryn LERMAN, University of Pennsylvania, delivers Matilda White Riley Lecture for Excellence in Behavioral and Social Sciences
· Matilda White Riley Early Stage Investigator Honors Panel
o Stephanie H. Cook, Dr.P.H., M.P.H., New York University
o Christopher S. Marcum, Ph.D., National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI)
o Ian M. McDonough, Ph.D., The University of Alabama
o Sara Moorman, Ph.D., Boston College
· Women in Science: Tales and Trajectories
· Public and Private Sectors Career Panels and Networking
· OBSSR Strategic Plan 2016-2020 Launch
· Closing Remarks: Yvonne T. Maddox, Ph.D., Vice President for Research, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
Every year, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR) pays tribute to Dr. Matilda White Riley, whose career embodied her famous dictum: People don’t grow up and grow old in laboratories. They grow up and grow old in changing societies.
FREE, but registration is required.