The Fellows Selection Committee is now accepting nominations for 2017 Fellows of the Society for Text and Discourse. We would like to congratulate 2016 Fellows Kate Cain, Chuck Goodwin, José León, and Gale Sinatra.
Below is the nomination information. This information can also be found at:
Nominations are invited for 2017 Fellows of the Society for Text and Discourse. Fellow status in the Society for Text and Discourse is awarded to scholars who have made sustained and substantial contributions to field of text and discourse. The list of current Fellows is provided on the society website.
Candidates should be senior researchers, typically with at least 15 years of postdoctoral contributions. The evidence for Fellowship must show that the nominee has enriched and advanced the field of text and discourse, and has made substantial contributions that are broadly and internationally recognized in one or more of the following areas:
- Outstanding contributions in the field of text and discourse, as evidenced by:
- Excellent and innovative research
- Well received and widely-read articles in refereed journals (many citations, and high impact)
- Receipt of important research grants
- Outstanding contributions in teaching, supervision and training in the field of text and discourse, as evidenced by:
- Having mentored and supervised individuals who themselves have positively influenced the field
- Active role in organizing relevant teaching and/or research programs
- Outstanding contributions in promoting the study of text and discourse as a discipline, as evidenced by:
- Having developed research opportunities and settings
- Active leadership and participation in professional organizations, especially within the Society for Text & Discourse.
- Nominators must supply the following documents to the ST&D Fellows Committee:
- A letter of nomination.
- The candidate’s current Curriculum Vitae
- All materials should be submitted electronically no later than February 17, 2017 for consideration prior to the 2017 annual meeting. Please send all materials (and or inquiries) to: Jennifer Wiley, Chair of Fellows Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org