On behalf of the ST&D Awards Committee, it is my great pleasure to announce the winners of the 2013 Society for Text & Discourse awards.
Here are the winners:
- Tom Trabasso Young Investigator Award: Tobias Richter, University of Kassel, Germany
- Jason Albrecht Outstanding Young Scientist Award: Emily R. Smith, University of New Hampshire, USA. “Enhancing Memory Access for Less-skilled Readers”
- Outstanding Student Paper Award: Johanna Maier, University of Kassel, Germany“Two ways to attenuate the text-belief consistency effect in multiple text comprehension: Standpoint reading goals and metacognitive training”
The Society would like to thank the Awards Committee for all their hard work. The members of the committees are as follows:
- Trabasso Young Investigator Award: Brooke Lea (chair), Sid Horton, Panayiota Kendeou, and Danielle McNamara.
- Student Awards: Brooke Lea (chair), Sid Horton, Panayiota Kendeou, and Susan Brennan.
The awards will be formally presented at the upcoming meeting of the Society on July 16-18 in Valencia, Spain.
Congratulations to all the winners!